Friday, August 25, 2006

My Grandpa died this last Sunday, August 2o, 2006, it was not a huge suprise as he has been struggling with cancer for the last few years. But we will all still miss him. My Grandpa loved to hunt, fish , and help those he loved. It was my Grandpa that forced me to learn to put a worm on my hook, and who taught me which fish to keep and what to throw back. I have many memories of fishing with Grandpa and of him and Grandma weeding our garden and helping us build our house. I remember Grandpa out in the field helping dad plow and plant when we were farming, and I also remember him in the plant working along side us all when we had the Chicken Processing Business. He was always there for us, and now he's gone, to a better place I'm sure but I'll miss him just the same. I'll miss his hugs, his smiles and even his teasing words. Every time I play cribbage I'll think of him (he used to beat me every time) and every time I smell a fish I'll remember his face and him refusing to bait my hooks. I love you Grandpa. . .



. . .Until we meet again . . .
~ Lydia ~

1 comment:

MissMarit said...

Hey Lydia,
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather! :'( Praying 4 U