Thursday, May 21, 2009

I remember when I was younger and all i wanted was to grow up and get married. I wanted a baby sooooooooooooooo bad. I can remember one time in particular (I was probably about 14 or 15) looking in the mirror in my room and imagining seeing me holding my own child. Every time i'd hold a baby i'd wonder what it would be like to hold my OWN baby. At times the longing was so intense it translated into a physical ache. I know that may seem weird. But i longed so deeply and purely for a baby of my own that I could physicaly feel that desire.



Now as I look at my sleeping infant son, I again ache. Not an ache of unfufilled desire but one of abundant and overflowing love. Untill you've bore a child you can't possibly know what love is. The love that comes from knowing that this small innocent little baby needs you, completly trusts you, and is totally dependant on you is more amazing than words can tell. I can't even begin to express what I feel, all i know is that I ache with love for this helpless little child.

No comments: