Monday, November 03, 2008

Election Day

Tomorrow is election day. This year I have had more stomach churning, nerve racking, mind aching thoughts of our countries future than ever before. I've always loved my country, and I always will. I've always believed in civic participation, and I always will. But this year I CAN'T believe in what my country has become, or who she will elect. I dont' know WHO will be elected, but I know that i cannot believe in either major canidate.

I have struggled with the thought of how to vote. The lesser evil? or the Greater good? You may ask, "is there a greater good?" How hard have we tryed to provide one? Is it stupid to vote for any party other than the main political dynasties? But perhaps a better question is, how often is "right" logical? I cannot vote for someone who I believe kills babies and will violate our rights as Americans, no mater how much the other canidate my do so more. It would be, to me, like voting for the murderer of one inocent person rather than the one who murdered 20. They BOTH are EVIL.

What are our options you may ask. The answer is neither clear nor easy. But I KNOW it is also not JOHN MCCAIN.

It says in God's holy word that, "Blessed is the nation whose GOD is the LORD." Our nation was founded on God as our Lord, and for that it was (and in many ways is still) truelly blessed. But our nations foundations have crumbled, and the Psalmist writes, "If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" The answer again, is neither clear nor simple, but my beliefe is we can neither do nother, nor comprmise. Wars are not won by allowing the enemy to "win a little" (so they wont' take it all) evil will NEVER stop unless WE stop it.

If the foundations are destoyed we must rebuild them, from the ground up. We must be willing to take the hight ground. Push aside the rubble (we cannot build a strong foundation on rubble and ruin) and start from the ground up. That my not be with an election. But with our neighbor, our children, our relatives. Our countries problems are NOT lack of moral political leadership, althought that is certainly lacking, but rather lack of regard for God in the citizens of this once great country. The way our founding fathers set up the govermental structure of this country was such that it will ALWAYS reflect the hearts and morals of the people.

Think about that. Untill the people turn to God the government never will.

I don't know what each of you will do this election, and really its' none of my business. The next president we get will be the president we, as a country, deserve. Sad as that may be. As for me, today I choose to make the desicion to make an effort to turn the heart of our nation back to it's roots, and to the LORD as our God. I will vote. But not because I really believe it will make a numerical differance in this election, rather as a gesture that I still believe our country can return to God and his grace. My prayers go out for our nation, for our people who are fast headed towards judgment and destruction. I serve a great and merciful and God and he alone can turn the tide.

Blessings.

No comments: